Re: electronic stud finder to detect roof joists?

Frank Karnauskas wrote:

> The best thing to do is drill the holes where you need them, get long bolts
> or threaded rod and go up into the attic and place lumber backers under the
> roof sheathing.  Connect the backers to the rafters if the load is large.

Yeah the threaded rod works great , thats exactly what I did on my 97 year old
house as I didn't trust that I would get something solid enough otherwise , its
alot more work , but when the wind gusts get up to 60mph up here I want to make
sure that my ants stay up :^}

All I have up at the moment is a 4 foot rohn tripod and a M2 6 meter yagi and a
dualband omni for 2/440 , hopefully this spring I will brave the steep pitch of
my roof and get up and make some real changes ......

just picked up a used yaesu g5400 rotor setup , ooh now I can point that 1.5foot
dish for mode S :)

we saw that strange thing they call the sun again today ........

I think spring is around the corner .

ok , so I dream alot

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS