Re: Re:buying the Drake 2880 Downconverter

laura halliday wrote:
>  "Rupert E. Lubkemeier" <rlubkemeier@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >There is no reason why the shop in Japan can't accept
> >an MO or a credit card. It's as good as CASH.
>  Nonsense. Have you even *been* to another country?

Another country? How about a *hamfest*? Or a non-chain computer store? The
merchant's who take cc's without a squawk are silently marking up what you buy
with the addes cost to them of a cc transaction.

Credit cards are *not* universally accepted, among other reasons because the
credit card trusts charge a hefty piece of the action from the seller.

I'm tickled Mark's planning to take payments though PayPal--I hope most of us
won't be fronting CC money that way because if too much funds recieved by a
PayPal account are against credit cards rather than cash balances with PayPal
the account must become a commercial one, rather than a free personal one. I've
already moved extra cash to my PayPal account for this transaction.

 73 de Maggie K3XS