RE: electronic stud finder to detect roof joists?

> Everyone is overlooking the obvious.  The roof shingles are nailed to
> plywood sheathing so it will detect solid wood wherever it is moved!

Yes, but there is more wood where the beams are.  As I posted, the electronic stud
finders will detect a stud or even a furring strip, which is underneath a wall made from
1" tounge and groove wall board.   Finding a beam underneath plywood would be no
problem.
The effect of the sand or whatever is in the roofing, however, could be a problem.

 *Bill Jones  N3JLQ  Sweden Maine                                *
 * wejones@megalink.net                                          *
 * Main home page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones             *
 * WWII/B-17 page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html   *
 * TVRO  page       http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html   *
 *                TVRO HAM RADIO WWII/B-17 SPACE WX              *