From: Richard D. Burgan [mailto:wc8j@raex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 9:25 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Help measure AO-40 spin rate

Hi All,

It appears that the command team has started magnatourqing at
perigee to slow the spin rate.  Yesterday the spin had slowed
from 17.6 to 17.2 RPM just after perigee.  Also, the WOD data
showed that the battery voltage was lower around perigee,
possibly indicating that the magnets were on.

If you can here the bird why not measure the spin rate and
post it here?  Even if you cannot copy telemetry you can count
the number of spin modulation cycles per unit time and post it
here.  (The spin rate indicated by telemetry has been wrong
since December.)

It might even be helpful to the command team to get early
indication of spin changes here.

73's de Rich Burgan @ WC8J