interference from rotor

My azimuth rotor generates a lot of RF noise which is picked up by my 2m and 70cm CP Yagis.  The noise is worst on 70cm, preventing me from hearing any downlink signals when the azimuth rotor is turning.  The noise is not so bad on 2m.  I can hear strong 2m downlinks when the rotor is turning.  Interestingly, I get hardly any noise from my elevation rotor which is the same model (Orbit 360).

I have two questions:

1. What can I do to make the azimuth rotor generate less RF noise?

2. What could explain why the elevation rotor is so "quiet", while the azimuth rotor is so "noisy"?  The rotors are mounted very close to each other between the two Yagis.  The azimuth rotor is definitely "working harder" than the elevation rotor.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA