Re: 2.4 helix claculator

Hi Chris,
by courtesy of my archive, (Netscape) -:)
http://members.home.net/fspinner/W0FMS/Helix
73 Jens    ZL2TJT

Subject:
        [amsat-bb] JavaScript Axial-Mode Helix
        Calculator
   Date:
        Sun, 10 Dec 2000 04:38:07 -0000
   From:
        "Frederick M. Spinner" <fspinner@hotmail.com>
     To:
        amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org, farmnet@rf.org

I figure I'd get off my duff, and do something
useful for the
AO-40 community.

A long time ago, I used to use the helix.bas
program from the ARRL
UHF/Microwave Experimenter's Manual (vol. 1--
1990) written by Bob Atkins,
KA1GT.

Anyway, I've lost it, and because there is a
relative lack of plans
on the internet for 1269 MHz helicies... I
decided rather than typing
in the BASIC program again (ugh), I'd make it a
JavaScript program-- and
hence be able to share the joy worldwide.  (Yes,
it calculates in cm *and*
Inches for us metrically [and apparently vote
counting] challenged
Americans!)

I think I have the bugs out of it.  Let me know
if anyone finds
it useful:

http://members.home.net/fspinner/W0FMS/Helix

(Note: case does matter)

Later I'll post my homebrew satellite antennas
like K5OE.. but I imagine
it'll take quite some time before I finish and
test the beasts...

Fred W0FMS