RE: RF-exposure safety (was: microwave absorption)

> The U.S. does have RF exposure safety regulations for amateur
> stations.  I imagine that Australia does, too, considering
> that the Australian government is a world leader in RF safety

We don't yet, but a draft proposal was released last year (comments have now
closed), and EMR exposure limits will be in force here by the end of the
year.  I think our allowable field strength will be a little lower than in
the US (i.e. tighter limits).