RE: Formula for antenna polarization loss

Ron,

Sorry about the misplaced paren.  Yes that is the correct interpretation.
It was always great fun to study this material and then bring in a demo
using 10 gig gear and show how very well this formula predicted the
losses.  I used small horns for antennas.  My students comments always
indicated that this was one of the best demos of maybe a dozen that I did
over a semester.  This was only a small portion of the demo.

73...Jim...W5VZF.

Dr. Jim Akers
Dept. of Electrical
and Computer Engineering