Re: Symek TNC3S and WISP

At 08:22 AM 1/22/01, you wrote:

Hi Paul, I'm just starting out on the satellites myself but I might be able
to help.
I recently worked through most of this stuff so it's sill fresh in my memory.

My understanding is you will be able to use your setup for both 9600/9600
TX/RX and 9600/38400 TX/RX
The TNC3S monitors both ports (for RX) so what you do is set the TNC TX
within WiSP to 0 for TX on port 1 or 1 for TX on port 2 depending on what
modem you want to TX on.

Sample - on my TNC3S I have a 1200 baud modem on port 1 and a 9600 baud
modem on port 2 so if I want to TX at 9600 I set the WiSP TNC to 1. once
set this way it still receives 1200 baud packet on modem 1.

To the best of my knowledge there are no 38400/38400 TX/RX satellites in
operation now.  UO-36 uses 9600/38400 TX/RX (up link/downlink) and I
believe TO-31 and a few more do too.