Re: Symek TNC3S and WISP

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Dale Coleman wrote:

Hello Dale!

I just bought a TNC3S with 9600/38400 modems and the info you provided
below was pure gold for me.

My question (please keep in mind I'm a VERY green beginner) is:

Can I work 9600 baud satellites with this TNC3S or do I need to have 2
9600 modems installed? Is UO-36 the only satellite I can work at this
time?

If it is possible, how would I set it up?

> At 06:47 PM 1/21/01, you wrote:
> Hi Ross and the group, I'm just starting out on the satellites and I will
> try and help.
> I recently setup my (TNC3S 1200 baud port 1 and 9600 on port 2)
> 1. Open gsc
> 2. At the top left select Setup --> Satellite Setup
> 3. Select New or select one satellite and Edit
> 4. Select the TNC tab and double check: (TX port 1) this = port 2 on TNC3S
> (use this if you want WiSP to TX on port 2 of your TNC3S
> 5. Double check the serial port and speed
> 6. TNC NONE
> This should do it - one last thing, make sure your TNC3S is in the KISS mode.
> I hope this helps, Dale kf4sir
>
> >Can someone assist please, I have what is probably a simple question and may
> >have been asked before.
> >
> >I have a Symek TNC3S ( capable of 9k6 and 38k4)  for use on the variuos
> >satellites.
> >Wisp of course does not have a "setting" for the TNC3, it has the PK900,
> >TNC2 etc.
> >
> >It will  not  access the satellite using the TNC2 setting, even though I can
> >hear the downlink and monitor it perfectly, using just packet software.
> >
> >Do I use the TNC2 setting, if not what other settingf.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Ross Biggar
> >ZL1WN
> >
> >----