Re: HT Recommendations

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, GEORGE ABBOTT wrote:

> Can this HT do LAN functions W/o any modications or add -on's?

Sure, I use my one HT at demo's all the time to feed APRS data to a
number of different laptops.  I use the ZIP-LAN which is jsut a 2 wire
zip cord between all the TNC's and the radio's buit in TNC.  One laptop
operats in the MASTER mode and all the others are slaves.

In the APRSdos docs, read ZIP-LAN.TXT..  It only takes a single 10k
resistor and diode in a DB-9 hood to wire all the laptops to the
ZIP-LAN...

de wb4apr, bob