Re: 2.4 GHz Cordless Phones

>From: "Tom Clark (W3IWI)" <tac@clark.net>
>Here is an interesting article oin this topic from a recent Wall Street
Journal:

>> Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:35:57 -0800
>> From today's Wall Street Journal
>>
>> Raft of New Wireless Technologies Could Lead to Airwave Gridlock
>> By JARED SANDBERG
>> Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

{I deleted the text...which I assume everyone has read in Tom's original
message}

SO...what does this bode for our 2.400-2.402 GHz satellite band???  Filters
with sharp skirts above 2402?  Bigger dishes to overcome the "QRM"?  What
happens to our low noise threshold when all that spread spectrum starts
layering up?  What about our second band at 2.446 GHz?  I assume we are
secondary users here and subject to whatever happens!

I am fortunate that my population density [rural Alaska] will insulate me
(?) from much of this but how about the majority in "urbana"?

Thanks, Tom, for alerting us!

Ed