Symek TNC3S and WISP

Can someone assist please, I have what is probably a simple question and may
have been asked before.

I have a Symek TNC3S ( capable of 9k6 and 38k4)  for use on the variuos
satellites.
Wisp of course does not have a "setting" for the TNC3, it has the PK900,
TNC2 etc.

It will  not  access the satellite using the TNC2 setting, even though I can
hear the downlink and monitor it perfectly, using just packet software.

Do I use the TNC2 setting, if not what other settingf.

Thanks
Ross Biggar
ZL1WN