Re: elevation screw jack

I'm in the middle of building a box that does most of this right now for
the EME array W6OAL is putting together.  It uses a DPDT switch to run the
actuator in and out and reads the pulses to provide position feedback on an
LCD.  I'm adding the calibration routine tonight then we will integrate it
to Dave's hardware.  It uses an Atmel 8535 (had a few on hand), a 2x16 LCD,
a serial interface to a PC for the calibration run only, is written in C
(about two pages of simple code), runs on 5V and is in a RS plastic project
box.  Total cost will be maybe $40 in parts.
To make this interface with a rotor controller one would need to replace
the switch with relays, add an RS-232/TTL converter (MAX 232 chip), and a
DAC as noted below.  Should be pretty easy.
I don't plan to build one like that right now but will be glad to share the
circuit and source code for this one with someone interested in building
such a beast.

Jim
wd0e@amsat.org
jim@coloradosatellite.com