Re: HT Recommendations

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Scott E. Olitsky wrote:

> I need to replace my HT.  What full duplex HTs are others using for
> satellite use?

The Kenwood TH-D7a(g) is a dual band HT that can operate in full duplex.
It also has a built in 1200 and 9600 baud TNC that can be used for
satellite work.  Using the built-in Display and keyboard you can send and
receive digital messags via SO-35, UO-22, OPAL and ISS (when it gets
turned on) from the palm of your hand with NO PC or any attachments.

During a one-week impromptu test in June of 99, we had more than 50 people
successfuly send and receive packets from the HT using only the rubber
duck via the MIR digipeater.  We are excitedly awiating the activation of
ISS for UI digipeating.

To see some info on this radio and its displays of Satellite Traffic, see

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/satinfo.html

de WB4APR, Bob