HT Recommendations Wish list

Hi Scott:

I was in the same position this year.
My DJ580 almost survived a 50 foot fall from the tower.
It mostly still works, but it was time for a new ht.
The selection for this year is poor.

Kenwood: too expensive.
Yeasu: VX-5R, too small, too low power, not enough buttons, (half duplex
is ok for fm sats)
Icom?
Alinco: no new models Dec 2000.

I temporaly bought the yeasu vx5r, but plan on dumping
it as soon as i can find a real ht.  Its a great RX, etc
but i just dont like its small size.  And the antenna
is so heavy compaired to the radio, it does not fit
the hand very well.

Wish List for a FM Sat HT:
RX performance and coverage of the Yeasu VX5R.
Size and battery capacity of the DJ-580.
Full 5 watts on battery.
4 band TX like the Icom.
More buttons, max two functions per button, not 3.
2.5k channel steps (helps with satellite doppler)
Standard power, Mic and data connectors.
Dual band RX (not required for fm satellites)

Miles