Re: Fw: Rotator/Elevator controled using LAN?

Art Goldman wrote:

> I've been toying with the idea of digitizing the receive signal at the antenna
> and transporting it to the shack via fiber. Goodbye coax. But, so far haven't
> gotten any farther than thinking about it. It will probably take some pretty
> fast DSP chips though...

Don't think its that wacked of an idea Art, if you go to the Analog devices
website , you may see such a thing already , I know 2 years ago I was reading
one of their catalogs and they were pushing for a/d at the antenna port  ( whew
, serious stuff ) , ie: frontend preselector then right into the a/d converter
then " baseband / I-Q " out .......

Not that crazy of an idea at all .......

Now , if I just had a hotair rework station at home so I could solder most of
this new stuff :^P

73

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS