Re: Fw: Rotator/Elevator controled using LAN?

Now why didn't I think of that? Considering that I work in a comms research
facility that deals with optical switching networks, I guess I considered fiber
to be out of reach for the ordinary consumer. But if 10FL media converters are
now appearing on the open market at bargain prices, then 10FL to RJ45 ethernet
converters ought to do nicely.

I've been toying with the idea of digitizing the receive signal at the antenna
and transporting it to the shack via fiber. Goodbye coax. But, so far haven't
gotten any farther than thinking about it. It will probably take some pretty
fast DSP chips though...

Art, N3OY

--
 ---------