Re: 2.4 gHzCordless Phones

I just tried running my receiver when the microwave on.
I got pretty strong interference around 2425 MHz, and a lot less
around 2392  (the limits of my tuning range).  It shows up
in SSB as a pulsating noise level (probably due to the
thingy in the oven that "stirs" the microwave energy).
The noise blanker on my rig reduced it significantly.

Remember that a the Klystron in a microwave gets fed with raw
unfiltered rectified AC.  Thus, it will splatter over several
MHz.  Lucky for us we are using narrowband communications!

Doug Braun
NA1DB