Drake 2880

To those wanting to buy a Drake 2880 [unmodified], I am going to
investigate making a volume buy from Millicom [If I can finance getting 100
units]. I have saved the e-mail posted on the amsat-bb to date indicating
interest.  I would like to secure about 20 orders to go ahead.

BUT, I will need to first find out the volume price, shiping cost, and
import duty.  My intension is to sell units at 10-15% over my cost plus
shipping.  I am set up for PayPal so it should be convenient to order
[cannot take credit cards directly].  I would also accept money orders and
checks [in USD].  I don't know how quick I'll be able to set this up.  I
will initiate a Fax inquiry to Millicom tomorrow.  Give me at least a week
to find out the details.

Shipping to the US would likely be minmum priority mail rate.  Shipping to
other countries will take more investigation.  I operate a part-time small
custom electronics design & fabrication business out of my home [and have a
day job], so this would not be a "group buy" but instead I would front the
cost of a volume buy.

If it proves too difficult for me to accomplish, I will post a message back
here so that you may explore another approach.

Ed
Sixty North Electronics
Nikiski, Alaska