Re: Drake 2880 Downconverter

For those that might want to jump in and take advantage of Mark's very
generous offer, but are not sure what is involved in "the mod," I have a page
with a short description from the Jan/Feb AMSAT Journal:

http://members.aol.com/k5oe
(select the menu item titled "Drake 2880 S-Band")

The page includes links to the excellent N1GKZ and G0MRF sites that document
several options for modifying the units (including some I did not do).  Since
that was written, I have been able to copy the S-band beacon on AO-40 with
ease using one of the 2880's.
73,
Jerry, K5OE