Re: The shop that Drake 2880 available jn Japan

I may have missed something, but I don't believe ANYONE has volunteered in
the USA to make a group purchase. I would also be interested if it happens.

Not being familiar, I would want to make sure I was ordering the right
thing. SO - if Yoshi is listening, what do we order???

I am thinking - the Model MC-251R (modified 2880 for 2400.0->144.0)

Do we need the Xtal also, or is this in the modified unit?

OR, if we want to modify ourselves we would order the Drake 2880 plus
crystal? And the modification instructions are on the web - I know I've seen
them.

The exchange rate per the web site I checked today was 118.02 yen = $1 US -
therefore the Model MC-251R would be about $83.00 US. Plus any shipping and
tax.

And if we wanted to modify ourselves it would be 3,000 + 1,200 = 4,200 Yen =
$35.58 US. Plus shipping and tax.

Tell me if I am wrong.

Also, did I miss that someone was going to volunteer for the group purchase.
Else I am going to try to place an order for myself.

Gene Harlan - WB9MMM
Harlan Technologies - publisher of
OSCAR Satellite Report - OSR@hampubs.com
Amateur Television Quarterly - ATVQ@hampubs.com