Mir at Adelaide Expo

  Russia was the guest nation at the 1993 Adelaide expo and
they had the backup Mir Module on display ( I believe it is
now in Sydney) I setup a contact between Mir orbiting earth
and the static Mir Module display at the Adelaide expo
ground.
Below is one of the rare packet messages received from any
Russian cosmonaut. This was from Alex Serabrov wanting more
info on expo setup. He also did a school contact for me
shortly after. We had many voice contacts but unfortunately
I  lost contact with him after he returned to Russia.
Like many others I feel a little sad that Mir has come to
the end of her life.

                  73 Tony VK5ZAI

 >>> 10:47 Connected to R2MIR-1
Logged on to R2MIR's Personal Message System

You have mail waiting.

Msg # Stat Date     Time  To     From   @ BBS  Subject
   214 P    03/31/93 01:49 VK5ZAI R2MIR         REPLY

CMD(B/H/J/K/KM/L/M/R/S/SR/V/?)>

Stat   : PR
Subject: REPLY

     HELLO, TONY! SAY ME, PLEASY DETAIL OF EXPO AND WHAT DO
YOU LIKE TO LISTEN FROM OUR RUSSIAN SPACE STATION "MIR"
CREW.
      WE AGREE WITH YOU, IF IT IS GOOD IDEA.
          73 ALEX

CMD(B/H/J/K/KM/L/M/R/S/SR/V/?)>