ARRL Handbook at B&N

Here at Dago (on a conference) we popped into the B&N and found the last
2001 ARRL HAndbook.  Clutching it in my hand I went to the "service" desk
and ask them to price check it for me.  Dissapointment when it rang up at
full price.  The guy behind the service desk was a pretty neat guy (retired
Navy Chief) and saw I and the future Mrs. Oler were Navy (hard to miss...)
and he asked what I was expecting it to be.

I told him and he then went to the checkout stand and rang it up and there
was 8 bucks.  So he did a little investigating (I told him the story) and
told me that AT EVERY B&N this price is good...but you have to have them
ring it up on the checkout register.  If you want to check it before you buy
it it HAS TO BE on the checkout register.

Hope this helps all...

Robert Oler WB5MZO