Re: Right-sizing a sat

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Oler" <cvn65vf94@msn.com>
> The "trimuph" of the last couple of years has been smashing the community
> association's silly rules here.  We did it through the law, through
electing
> folks who understood the law and ham radio and now we have tower limits of
> 80 feet (something I can live with) and unrestricted transmitting rules.
>
> It can be done you just have to work at it...

You should write that up for QST. It would be useful for everyone to know
how it was done. Especially what legal arguments were used.

Around here the city and county have been fairly cooperative and they
require no permits of any kind for antennas less than 45 feet high. It's the
land developers who originally created the restrictions and they can only be
changed by the homeowners association in each development. The city and
county are powerless in these cases and there are thousands of homeowners
associations.

73,

John
KD6OZH