Ground Post Fitting Problems

Thanks to all who replied to my request for excavating for a ground post in
loose shingle, I have decided for a start to try a method suggested by John
G4DMF. This method is to excavate inside a 24inch concrete pipe, the weight
of the pipe then slowly sinks into the shinge until the desired depth. The
ground post then concreted into the pipe. Anyway I will let you know how I
get on.
Bob (G7SUU)