Re: Xtal for Drake 2880

Hello Bill. This is Yoshi.

At 2001/01/18 10:05:49 Bill Richarz wrote:
> In order to close the case, lay the xtal horizontal.

  Yes I did Hi. But when I purchased the first one lat Nov. The
Xtal is not so tall and I just replaced. I did not know that there
is so many various size of Xtal.

> solid ones.  If you've already soldered it in, then it
> may be too late.  Xtals are cheap....order another
> one from ICM if you want to close the case.

  Yes! it will be too late if I cut the lead short. I also reported
it on our Japanese local JAMSAT-bb for warning to bigginers.

  Anyway, what is the ICM?. Is it a company offering special ordered
Xtal in US?
  In Japan, An OT ham has his own company specialized for Xtal. When
we need some, we usually order him. The prices is $20 or more each
but not so expensive Hi.

> PS...Where and how can I purchase one of those Drakes?
> I made the mistake of selling mine a year ago...would be
> nice to have another...the mods are pretty simple.

  Please check the message that I posted in BB. If you realy need
some 2880, please try to contact with Millicom in Japan.

  Thank you.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com