Re: Xtal for Drake 2880

In order to close the case, lay the xtal horizontal.
Of course the xtal needs to have wire pins, not the
solid ones.  If you've already soldered it in, then it
may be too late.  Xtals are cheap....order another
one from ICM if you want to close the case.

de Bill, N4DH

PS...Where and how can I purchase one of those Drakes?
I made the mistake of selling mine a year ago...would be
nice to have another...the mods are pretty simple.