Re: Right-sizing a sat

>From: "Edward R. Cole" <al7eb@ptialaska.net>
>To: "John Stephensen, KD6OZH" <kd6ozh@AMSAT.Org>, <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Right-sizing a sat
>Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:00:08 -0900
>
>John,
>
>I feel for you folks stuck in urbana {especially california}.  I would be
>inclined to check with my attorney to see if the neighbor has any grounds
>for a suit.  And if not, inform him that you would counter suing for
>discrimination, intimidation, and mental stress.  Some folks need a "in
>your face" reality check.  Of course if he looks like he has guns, you
>might want to reconsider ;-)

I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV BUT my DAD is and he is a pretty
darn successful one in Dallas AND he did push our case that resulted in our
community association folding and allowing us to rewrite the deed
restrictions whereas we got our towers and antennas etc.

He could not agree with the first part of your suggestion more...ie check
with an attorney even though I am quite sure that there is not a cause of
action having said that I dont think that he would agree with your second
suggestion because once I mentioned telling someone that and he said "leave
the lawyering to lawyers".

All it takes is 75 dollars and a word processor to file a lawsuit but if you
file one that is defective on its face...ie no grounds then they get tossed
AND the filing party gets tabbed for the money.

IN our instance we had a tower (and other stuff up) a member of the
community association decided to get a little frisky about having it up
(because we disagreed on something else) and the fight was on.  I'm still
standing (and so is my new tall tower...the TriEx's are great) and the guy
who got frisky is substantially poorer and I havent been out a dime and Dad
made some cash (trivial by his numbers but still fun to see the check).

"In your face" is fun but not as much fun as simply winning.

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX