Fw: Rotator/Elevator controled using LAN?

----- Original Message -----
From: Murray Peterson VK2KGM
To: AMSAT-BB
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 3:44 PM
Subject: Rotator/Elevator controled using LAN?

    Has anyone tried or succeeded contoling a rotator/elevator unit by
connect it to a Local Area Network and asigning it an IP address? I have
some 10 Base 2 (coaxial) ethernet cards and I am thinking whether they might
be a great way of controling a rotator/elevator unit via a single length of
RG58. It might be a great way of being able control the rotator/elevator
unit from several different PCs or at least have several PCs able to read
the position information.

    A standard LAN connection might be a good standard feature for
rotator/elevator manufactures to include in their units.

What do you think?

regards,
Murray Peterson
VK2KGM