RE: DX

Hi folks,

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:28:49 -0400, Jose, YV5LIX, wrote:

> Wayne wrote: "DX nowadays is as easy as it gets"
>
> Wayne I don't agree, just look at was it is going on with Chuck at
> 3Y0C, he has been doing a great job and is trying to please every
> one, but last night I heard him on 14195 saying to some of his
> friend "signals on 80 has been low and I have not sleep much in the
> last two nights trying to work some stations on 3772, so please
> tell the people over there that they need to talk less and listen
> more"; so you see Wayne, to work a DX stations is not as easy as it
> sounds.

It may interest you that ZS1AAZ and ZS1DFR had a chat with Chuck (on
Bouvet Island) via Sunsat's parrot repeater, on 7 January 2001.  The
parrot was needed since Chuck only has a handheld VHF transceiver for
working the higher bands.  Here in South Africa you can work DX with
a handheld.  ;-)

73 de ZR1CBC, Johann