Re: [aprssig] APRSdata update

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Alex wrote:

> Funny...you weren't all that receptive to that idea when I told you that
> I would build support for other sats into my APRS sat tracker
> software.....or that I didn't want to limit its use to just the D7 and
> D700 radios.....  73's ... Alex

Huh?  I think you are confusing APRSdata with APRStk.?  or I am not sure
of what point you are trying to make..

I added this HF Satelliite feature so that there would be NO MORE objects
added to the channel.  I still feel that is a very important principle...
to keep the QRM down.  What I added was just these HF birds as one more
entry into a single packet already being transmitted.  Ergo, no additional
channel load.

Again APRSdata is only a "tiny-web-page-server" to the front panel
displays of the D7 and D700 to present satellite info to mobile users.  To
my knowledge there are no other radios with this capability...  If there
are, then by all means, go for it..

Remember, APRSdata does not CONTROL the radio.,  It is only a
TINY-WEB-PAGE-SERVER... to others...

I think you are thinking about APRStk which is the automated ground
station for the D7 and D700 so that mobile or home stations can just
monitor all dozen FM satllites with only an OMNI antnena.. If you would
like to program that for other radios, then I think that is a GREAT idea.
Go for it...  we need it...  But I think WISP already does all that...

Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

See my APRS LIVE pages    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See APRS SATELLITES       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/astars.html