Xtal for Drake 2880

Hello all. This is Yoshi.

  I think that some of you already tryed to contact with Millicom.

  Today, I got two 2880s from Millicom with the 8.8125MHz Xtal that
they offering. I just replaced original Xtal with this and tried
to adjust by trimmer-capacitor, then the conversion frequency had
just came as good as 2400.200 -> 144.200!. You should purchase it
with 2880 at the same time if you buy from them.
  But NOTE that the Xtal is about 2mm taller than the original one.
If you just replace it as same as original one, you can not close
its case.

  There is a chance for me to watch the S2-MB beacon 3 hours later
- around 17:50z (2:50z local). I will try it with my modified 2880
and 10ele small YAGI.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com