		Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:17:40 -0900
		From: "Tom Elmore" <telmore@telmore.com>
		Subject: [amsat-bb] C & KU Band Satellite Dish

		           I am in a position to pick up a 25 foot diameter
Satellite dish
		used formerly for TV
		C & KU band reception. The dish has full rotation for
Azimuth and Elevation
		from 0 to about 90 degrees. I am wondering what
possibilities for microwave
		reception of AO-40 and other satellites
		could be obtained using a dish this size.  Would there be a
significant
		signal gain at the Amateur microwave frequencies.

		Thank You
		Thomas Elmore KA1NVZ
		Barrow,Alaska