Re: DX

Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:

> HF DX nowadays is as easy as it gets, even for (U.S) code-free
> technician licensees whose only HF privilege is a portion of the
> 10-meter band.

Wayne, I sure hope you didn't mean to write what you wrote above.

U.S. code-free technician licensees have ZERO priveleges below 50 MHz.
It is the Tech Plus class you are thinking about, and the FCC doesn't
issue those licenses any more.  The choices for new licensees are:

 -- Technician (no Morse code, no priveleges below 50 MHz)
 -- General (5 WPM code and additional written exam beyond Tech)
 -- Extra (additional written exam beyond General)

John (KB0ZEV)