Update on up coming Costa Rica trip

Hi all,

I thought I'd give everyone an update on my trip to Costa Rica which happens
next weekend.

First of all, let me say, "Thank you!", to all those who sent me information
on obtaining a TI license.  While the procedure does not seem all that
difficult, logistically it would take some time and effort.

Unfortunately, for all us sat ops out there, I won't be getting a Costa
Rican license.  In order to get a license, you have to go to some government
buildings, banks, lawyers, etc.  I arrive on Saturday night and none of the
places I'd need to go would be open on Saturday or Sunday.  On Monday and
Tuesday I am tied up in business meetings so no chance there.  I leave
Thursday afternoon, so I would basically have to spend my one free day
chasing down paperwork to get a license and possibly miss all the passes
anyhow!  Sure, I could have stayed longer, but my wife and I have a major
kitchen remodeling project planned and are trying to save money.  She would
shoot me if I stayed down there for a week just to play radio, especially
when she is staying home to save cash!

So, sorry to get everyone's hopes up last month!  Hopefully, I'll be
returning there again some time as one of the companies I sell for has a
factory there.  Perhaps on the next trip.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden