Re: Right-sizing a sat [was: Antennas on the bird]

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 09:35:51AM -0500, Rip Smith wrote:
> > Ham radio is not only electronics and technology. Ham radio is also about
> > communicating.
>
>One thing I've observed about ham radio is that any declaration
>that "ham radio is about such and such" is never universally true.
>Ham radio is different for everyone.

I couldn't agree more. It's what is great about ham radio, and I will admit
I was looking at it strictly from the top level.

Even within specialties, there are different aspects that appeal to
different people, which is why this discussion about "right-sizing a sat"
has been so active, and at times, heated.

In the process, a lot of interesting ideas have been kicked around. As they
say, "that's a good thing".

73 de K3XO
Rip