Some Mode S Notes for those who havn't made the leap yet!

Hi All,

I've received a number of requests for more information about S band
reception today. Here are some links to some great information. The articles
are by James Miller, G3RUH.

I use a G3RUH design 60cm dish, with A Down East 2.4GHz preamp at helix
feed, and SSB UEK-3000SAT RX converter (70cm IF), and an Icom IC-970A.

I also use a G3RUH 400bps/PSK MkII Demodulator with Stacey's P3T program to
capture telemetry. The Demodulator controls the up/down buttons of the rig
for auto Doppler control.

Cheers
Paul Willmott, VP9MU

Mode S - Tomorrow's Downlink?