AO-40 Spin Analysis

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/ao40TlmAudio/AO40-2001-01-14-A.wav

My analysis of this audio file above,  which W2GPS and WB4APR have
provided to us, shows a spin rate of about 17.6-ish rpm.  I detect no slow
down.
If the first goal for magnetorqueing was to despin the spacecraft, we have
failed. The archive files show that we are continuing to receive telemetry
from
exactly the same parts of the orbit into the archive and this indicates
that the orientation has not changed much if any.  This tends to lend
support
to Rich Burgan's call for a statement.
.

Bob