Re: Right-sizing a sat [was: Antennas on the bird]

n4xeo wrote:

 > At 22:28 2001-01-13 -0600, Dennis Ray Wingo wrote:
 >
 >  >Robert
 >  >
 >  >Then why don't you start a project and assemble a team, raise the money,
 >  >do the paper work, and build a AMSAT bird that will do what you and those
 >  >you recruit wish it to do.
 >  >
 >  >As a builder of an OSCAR I sympathize with the team that put in so much
 >  >work on P3D who wanted a more capable spacecraft for the general welfare
 >  >of the global amateur satellite community. I know the joys and the
 >  >pains.  Why don't you join us and then you can help define the future of
 >  >the art instead of just telling them what "they" should be doing.
 >  >
 >  >I truly mean this as there is a total transformation in perspective that
 >  >comes from this effort.  It is one thing to critize those who do the work.
 >  >It is quite another thing to DO the work.
 >
 > Well said Dennis.
 >
 >    What I've said before was where were all of these people when we were
 > building p3d...
 > I know that I didn't do a lot of work on it, but I did help out when I
 > could. Sounds like if all these people would get their fingers off the
 > keyboards and on the TOOLS  we would have all the sats up there that we
 > would EVER be able to use.

I often wonder myself , where these armchair critics were when things were going
together :(
I can imagine that they will always expect perfection in everything and always
with someone else's work but their own .

I remember how many times I wanted soo much to be able to go down to florida and
help with the assembly or clean up the place or watch some computer display ,
just to say that I did something to help, unfortunately money and free time are
not in large abundance here , so I had to be a "long distance supporter" with
the meager amount of money I donated  .

Its funny how the same type of folks propagate this list , only the names have
changed in the last 8 years ............

Thanks for the help you did give Bill , I as an amsat supporter , appreciate it
:)

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544