Re: Right-sizing a sat

>From: "John Stephensen, KD6OZH" <kd6ozh@gte.net>
>To: "Robert Oler" <cvn65vf94@msn.com>
>CC: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Right-sizing a sat
>Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:59:27 -0000

I think the last sentence sums up our differences.  I dont view reducing
ground station requirments much beyond AO-10 and 13 as a very important
goal.  My suggestion is that the number of people it will bringto the
satellites is trivial compared to the difficulties that it imposes on the
satellite.

I would rather have four Ao-10 birds OR two slightly larger birds then one
superbird particularly one that probably wont live up to what its billing
was.  I hope that I am wrong on the latter but.....

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX