Re: Right-sizing a sat

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Oler" <cvn65vf94@msn.com>
To: <kd6ozh@AMSAT.Org>
> If the SBS had been constructed for it how many AO-10 class satellites do
> you think we could have launched on the ArianeV?

Four AO-10s would fit in the SBS along with a mechanism to eject them, but
each would require its own rocket engine, fuel tanks, batteries and
electronics. My guess is that this would have been more expensive than AO-40
and required additional personnel and time that were not available. The main
problem for me is that four new AO-10s would not have reduced ground station
requirements.

73,

John
KD6OZH