Re: Right-sizing a sat

I would like to point out that the $1500. VHF/UHF multimode is now
around $700. e.g. IC706MKIIG, FT100, and FT817, and includes HF.
This does NOT get you full-duplex, but I think with reasonable
computer control, this should be somewhat less important.

Also, KM6EP gave a presentation at the NCDXC showing pseudo-sats* that
middle-schoolers had built, and mockups of cubesats and their
launcher.  I'm not sure of the power budget, but certainly the volume
and cost look reasonable.
The simple web page is at http://www.rjket.com/sci-club

73, doug

Pseudo-sat: rocket payload, for immediate gratification, and concept
testing.