Ground Post Fitting Problems

Thanks everyone for your replies, but perhaps I have not explained my
problem clearly.

My back yard consists of only loose pebbles down to at least 10 foot with
nothing to bind them together, so the sides of any hole just fall in untill
a stable slope is obtained. The local electricity company used to put there
poles in by pouring a sand/cement slurry into the shingle and letting it go
off over night before drilling out with a very powerfull drill.
Unfortunately I don't think a hand held post digger would cope with it.
Bob