TS-2000 impressions?

I think I've seen a couple people mention here that they have the new
Kenwood TS-2000.  I'm interested in your impressions of the rig and have
a couple questions to ask.

 >From the operating manual available on the Kenwood Web site it looks
like the rig will do true frequency readout with a transverter but it
does not have a true, low level (milliwatt range) transverter port and
that it does not have provisions for powering a preamp or downconverter
via the coax.  Am I reading the book right?

The lowest power output on vhf/uhf is supposed to be five watts.  Has
anybody measured to see how accurate this is?  The way I calculate it is
that five watts on 144 MHz. through 50 feet of RG-58 (the run to the top
of my tower) will be about 450 mw, almost low enough for some
converters.

Thanks.

Dave Reinhart, WA6ILT