Mast ground post fitting in 'SHINGLE'

Can anyone suggest how I can excavate for installing the ground post to my
mast at my new QTH as the garden (yard) consist's of large shingle(pebbles).
The ground post is of 4 inch square steel section  and requires to be sunk
about 4 to 5 feet deep for a  25 foot self supporting telescopic mast, also
of 4 inch square section. The method needed is without large machines or
high cost. As the postion will be near the house I need to be carefull about
undermining the foundations.
PS. How about an rf earth!.
Thanks for reading this unusual request.
Bob