From: CDixon6901@aol.com [mailto:CDixon6901@aol.com]
Sent: Samstag, 13. Januar 2001 17:22
To: avhessberg@foni.net
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Antennas on the bird

Hi Albrecht,

You did know that Manfred FOD works at the ESO Observatory in Chile?
Although he working in the computer division, he might be able to ask the
question for Amsat eh!

We also have another Amateur John G4STA working in the British Observatory
in
Canary Isles, John is an Electrical Engineer I believe that keeps the
Telescopes working.

Just a thought

Chris
GW6KZZ

avhessberg@foni.net
writes:

Imaging AO-40 by optical means is not impossible if you have access to the
8.2 m telescope of the ESO in Chile. With the adaptive mirror you have a
resolution of about 0.1 arcsec, that is 20 cm in a distance og 400 km. So
you can see bigger details of AO-40. But who has the opportunity of access
to this telescope?
DF9LC (Albrecht)