Re: Right-sizing a sat [was: Antennas on the bird]

>From: "David Brown" <djbrown@bigpond.net.au>
>To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Right-sizing a sat [was: Antennas on the bird]
>Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 08:15:54 +1100
>
>Robert,
>You are dead right.The gummint took a third of 70cms away from amateur use
>from part of the country and it appears only a matter of time before the
>rest follows.No fanfare,no debate, just taken away.Spectrum is now worth
>big
>money, billions.As soon as someone with a big enough check book says 'I
>want
>amateur band X', guess what, they are gonna get it.Being the 'traditional
>occupier' will count for nothing.
>

>73
>Dave VK3DXL

Yeap thats it.  The "use it or loss it" business is well babble.  At least
in this country the influence of private industry and money in government is
enormous and the result will be just as you intone (btw I love your country
at least to visit...grin).  We might hold on to the bands as a secondary
user but even that could get pushed aside in a heartbeat.

(hows summer going?).

Borderline