Re: Antennas on the bird

MCGWIER ROBERT wrote:

> You have read the code correctly and your hopes are
> misplaced.  I am certain those valves were never designed
> to be beaten about this way.

> > I just have this mental image of a solenoid-operated valve cranking away
> like a
> > doorbell buzzer. That's probably mistaken, I hope.

Well, I'm at a disadvantage because I don't know what the words that get called
inside MANY_ARMS do. I sometimes do kinda wish the flight software was open
source. Then I think about hackers/vandals..."security by obscurity" is not the
best design, but I do understand the feeling.

Thing is, what they seem to have been doing then is pretty likely what *I* would
have done. It's a shame we don't have the resources to do what is often done by
The Big Kids; i.e. have multiple builds of a particular spacecraft in the shop
with one on-orbit...and when you get in one of these situations where you're
making it up as you go along you get to try stuff out on a machine that you can
touch, where you can discover the difference betweemn theory and practice in
relative safety. Like OV-101 "Enterprise", never inteded to reach orbit...

 73 de Maggie