AO-40 reception OK

Hello all!

This morning (UT) I copied AO-40 as expected. Signalstrength was like
before. AO-40 seems already to be a bit ahead to Ken's Set #16 and
even a bit more to NORAD's #19. This made for example a difference of
2-4 deg in azimuth at low MAs (7-15) and less than 1 deg beyond that.
Observing better signals with lower fading at earlier MAs than a few
days before and a sunangle of 6 deg read from telemetry indicate a
change in attitude. I could hear signals of 5 db (S+N)/N until I had
to go to work (MA 30, dist: 32 000 km).

My next windows of good visibility will be Jan 16th and 19th. I'll
feed data to GARC's central telemetry server. My receiption-schedule
can been seen at:
http://www.dl6dbn.de/amsat/ao-40/tlm.htm

73s, Frank
DL6DBN/AA9KJ